Saturday, May 2, 2015

Recently I embarked on the Essential Oil journey.  This wasn't something that I jumped into quickly - I took almost a year before I committed to one company.  After much research and prayerful consideration, I decided on Young Living.  I like many things about this company including their Purity Promise of Seed to Seal, their International Farms, their Variety of Products (oils, home products, health products and personal care items), and their Biblical References to Oils.  And so far, I haven't been disappointed.  In fact, my kids and husband are even on board - asking me almost daily what we are going to put in our home diffuser, or if they can have a roller ball of a certain oil (my daughter just asked for Lemon because she likes how it perks her up in the afternoon at school).

So, I wanted to share with you how I recently incorporated Essential Oils into my daily laundry regime.  I made these Laundry Pods and have been in love ever since!



Here is the recipe if you'd like to make them for yourself.:

DIY Laundry Pod Recipe
Ingredients (I found everything at my local Wal-Mart)
3 cups washing soda
1 cup Fels-Naptha bar soap
4 T Epsom Salt
6T hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup vinegar
Essential Oils (I used Citrus Fresh)
  1. Grate fels naptha, mix in a bowl with washing soda and Epsom Salt.
  2. Add hydrogen peroxide and vinegar.  It should resemble wet sand.
  3. Add in 30 drops of Essential Oils.
  4. Press into tablespoon sized balls and drop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
  5. Let sit and dry for 8 hours
  6. Store in an airtight container and enjoy your laundry day!!  One laundry pod per load of laundry.  Place laundry pod directly in washer.
If I can ever answer any questions for you about Young Living or Essential Oils, please let me know. I would love to join you on this journey and am constantly amazed by all the uses for oils in my family's daily life.  If you are interested in joining the Young Living family, here is a link for you to sign-up.  Young Living New Member Sign-Up
I promise that you won't be disappointed in the products or the company and I will be here to help you along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment